Muhammad Ali passed away on Saturday. He was 74.
These are some of the qualities that the media, friends and those he met on the street remembered about him.
- Say what you mean
- Walk the talk
- Leverage your skills/fame in service to others
- Pick one thing and strive to be the best at it
- When you are done doing that one thing, turn your attention to making the world a better place
- Don’t apologize for who you are
- Live your Values. It is what draws people to you
- Have a personal mission statement
- Don’t live inside your comfort area
- Be fearless
5 Question Quiz:
How do I want to be remembered?
1-What are my personal values?
Values define HOW you behave and interact with others. It is your personal code of conduct and sets expectations for behavior. Values are the standard to which you hold yourself accountable.
How you act out your everyday Values defines how others remember you
Answer these questions to help articulate your Values
- What behaviors are most important to me?
- How do I treat those that are most important to me?
- How do I treat everyone else?
- How do I behave in a crisis?
- What am I the ‘go to’ person for?
- Is my behavior consistent?
2- Five (5) words I use to describe myself/working style
3- Five (5) words my co-workers/friends use to describe myself/working style
Gut check: Are the words the similar?
What can I do/how can I change my behavior (today) get the result I want?
4- When I leave this job, what do I want people to say about me?
Gut check: Do I really think people are saying these things?
What can I do/how can I change my behavior (today) toget the result I want?
5-Going forward what is one (1) behavior I want to improve?
Gut check: Is this attainable?
What do I need to do/think about to affect this change?
(The last three photos are pieces from a photo installation projected on the side of a building on 125th Street on June 4, 2016)