Whether you’re a new employee, first time manager or senior supervisor, you are an important part of your team. Your ability to communicate and lead at every level directly correlates with how quickly you move ahead. Working together, we’ll identify your motivators and roadblocks and build communication practices that establish trust and encourage collaboration. We’ll develop your leadership skills so you can overcome challenges and politics and advance in your career. In short, you’ll operate more effectively and be happier in your work. And we’ll have fun.
Some of what we’ll do together:
- Create inquiry-based, open communication practices
- Develop methods for giving and receiving feedback that motivates others
- Set strategies for resolving interpersonal conflicts
- Pitch ideas that get heard
- Manage up, down and sideways effectively
- Build consensus by successfully overcoming objections
- Shape teams that trust each other
- Public speaking and presentation skills training
- Run meetings that people want to attend
Who do you work with?
Most of my work is with CEOs, senior managers and board chairs in both for-profit and not for profit organizations. First-time managers also come to me for help overcoming challenges like managing their peers, advocating for staff and making the transition from an implementation to a strategic role.
What does an engagement look like?
Dedicated weekly or bi-weekly 60-90-minute calls or meetings work best.
I’ve found this to be the optimal length for digging into the challenges at hand.
Having meetings on the schedule keeps action plans moving ahead and creates accountability.
How long does an engagement typically last?
Engagements usually require 3 months to get traction and build momentum.
To make significant organizational or team cultural shifts takes longer.
What if I am working through one issue and need
Give me a call. I’ll help.